SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN FOR THE WARREN UNDERGRADUATE REVIEW ISSUE 11
DEADLINE MIDNIGHT FEBURARY 7th 2020
The Warren Undergraduate Review is an open-concept journal that does not exclude work on the basis of genre or medium. Anything that can be published in a printed format will be considered for publication.
- Submissions should not exceed 3000 words. We strongly encourage shorter works, as our page limitations are rather dire. We will accept excerpts of longer pieces! If sending an excerpt, please indicate that it is part of a larger work.
- Please format your submissions email subject line as “FULL NAME’s submission. GENRE.”
- Since our submissions process is anonymous, we ask that you remove all identifying information from attached submissions, including file names.
- If submitting cross-genre or for multiple submissions of longer genres, please send each submission in a separate email and number each submission in the subject line. Multiple submissions of the same genre may be included together in one email, but must be in separate documents.
- Literary submissions: .doc and .docx files in 12pt Times New Roman (.pdf will be acceptable for screenplays).
- Visual arts submissions: .pdf, .png, and .jpeg all acceptable.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT TO THE WARREN:
- Undergraduate students currently attending the University of Victoria.
- Undergraduate students currently attending a Canadian institution that is not UVic. If you are submitting as an undergraduate from an institution that is not UVic, please notify the Director of Submissions of this in your email.
- Graduate students currently attending the University of Victoria. If you are submitting as an undergraduate from an institution that is not UVic, please notify the Director of Submissions of this in your email.
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT TO THE WARREN:
- Anyone not currently attending a post-secondary institution.
- Anyone currently attending a post-secondary institution that is not in Canada.
- Graduate students attending institutions other than the University of Victoria.
- Current members of the Warren Staff, including the Director of Submissions, the Editorial Board, and the Executive Board.
Notes on Eligibility: The Warren Undergraduate Review is funded by and is apart of the University of Victoria’s Undergraduate Student Society (the UVSS). In keeping with the UVSS’s policies and responsibilities, the Warren’s constitution states that roughly %75 of what we publish in each issue MUST be work produced by UVic undergraduate students.
All submissions are to be emailed to email@example.com
Please include submissions as attachments.
All published work remains copyrighted with the author/artist. The published material will be archived on the website. The Warren does not accept previously published work. The editors of The Warren will contact you regarding your submissions via email. Send queries (but not submissions) to firstname.lastname@example.org.